Clear glass is available in a variety of thickness' from 3/32" to 3/4". Examples of the most common uses for each thickness are listed below:
- 3/32" - single strength (SS); for windows & picture frames.
- 1/8" - double strength (DS); for windows & picture frames.
- 3/16" - plate glass; for windows, small tabletops & shower enclosures.
- 1/4" - plate glass; for tabletops, shelving & shower enclosures.
- 3/8" - heavy glass; for tabletops, shelving & shower enclosures.
- 1/2" - heavy glass; for tabletops, shelving & shower enclosures.
- 3/4" - heavy glass; for tabletops, shelving.
Types & Colors:
We carry several types and colors of glass in stock. Most are only available in select thicknesses. The different types & colors are shown below along with their available thickness:
- Clear Glass; all thickness'
- Grey Glass; 1/8", 3/16" & 1/4"
- Bronze Glass; 1/8", 3/16" & 1/4"
- Non-Glare Glass; 3/32"
- Clear Laminated; 1/8" & 1/4"
- Grey Laminated; 1/4"
- Green Laminated; 1/4"
- Sandblasted; all thicknesses
- Pattern; 1/8"
- Burlap; 3/16"
- Pyrex (heat resistant to 446°F); 1/8" & 7/32"
- Neoceramic (heat resistant to 1400°F); 5mm
- Starphire - Special Order Upon Request; 1/8", 3/16", 1/4", 3/8" & 1/2"
There are many shapes you have to select from for your glass needs. If the shape you need is unique we can probably still do it for you. To verify that we can cut the shape you desire we will need a drawing or diagram of the shape. A pattern may also be required before we can cut the glass for you. For more information on your specific needs please contact us.
There is a variety of edgework for to choose from. A more common type of edgework is a Pencil Polished edge w/Satin finish. Pencil Polished edges are also available in clear finish. We also offer Flat Polished edges in both Satin and Clear as well as Ogee and Mitered edges in a Clear finish only. Beveled edges can also be applied to any of these edge finishes.
The beveling of glass or mirror edges makes the edge look elegant and is often found on tabletops, vanity mirrors & wall mirrors. Our beveling process uses diamond grinding wheels to remove a portion of the glass edge and then uses felt wheels and polishing compound to bring the edge to a shiny clear finish once again. The finished result will enhance the appearance of any project that uses glass or mirror.
To accommodate for the many applications of glass, we offer the following types of fabrication:
- Drilled Holes; 1/8" & up
- Finger Pulls
- Plate Grooves
Every effort is made to hold your glass to the size ordered. An additional charge will be added to orders requesting "hold to exact size".
One very common use of glass is tabletops. Glass tabletops protect the table from the normal wear and tear of having objects placed on them while at the same time enhancing the appearance of the table. 1/4" plate glass is the most common thickness used for tabletops, however on larger tables or on bases only (where the glass is the actual table top) 3/8", 1/2" & 3/4" thick glass is often used.